- NASA just made all its research available online for free.
- Was knowledge of the pyramids spread by ancient castaways?
- Elaborately tattooed mummy brings archeologists to tears.
- Our solar system "is in a unique place in the universe - just right for life”.
- ESO announcement to address reports of Proxima Centauri exoplanet.
- Life may have emerged not once, but many times on Earth.
- A new “Goldilocks” for habitable planets.
- Why scientists are losing the fight to communicate science to the public.
- What is the mysterious “Nooscope”? Let’s ask Putin’s new Chief of Staff.
- ‘Living alien Ufo spaceships’ are proliferating on Saturn’s ring, warns NASA scientist Norman Bergrun.
- Newly-discovered type of seafloor vent spews talc.
- Magic, mysticism and the occult are moving into the mainstream.
- Ancient Egyptian works to be published together in English for first time.
- Watson’s presidential campaign.
- 5 incredible ways scientists are merging our brains with machines.
- Unusual stone slabs unearthed at Ness of Brodgar.
- Ancient Egyptian tool found in Derbyshire wardrobe.
Quote of the Day:
How vast those Orbs must be, and how inconsiderable this Earth, the Theatre upon which all our mighty Designs, all our Navigations, and all our Wars are transacted, is when compared to them. A very fit consideration, and matter of Reflection, for those Kings and Princes who sacrifice the Lives of so many People, only to flatter their Ambition in being Masters of some pitiful corner of this small Spot.
We have, over the years, posted a number of stories that have taken a skeptical view of the 'Bosnian Pyramid', most notably in sharing the negative view of our friend, geologist Robert Schoch. It is only fair that we also provide 'right-of-reply', so to speak, so above you'll find a recent presentation by Semir 'Sam' Osmanagić, the original discoverer of the 'pyramid' back in 2005, who more than a decade later continues to excavate the location.
Discoverer of the Bosnian Pyramids Dr. Sam Osmanagich, Ph.D. (www.samosmanagich.com) answers sceptics such as Dr. Zahi Hawass, Dr. Robert Schoch, Dr. Antoni Harding and Graham Hancock.
Bosnian Pyramids fulfilled ten scientific criteria for pyramids: geometry, side orientation, artificial construction material, astronomical features, inner chambers, underground tunnels, water flows, location of energy potent place, sacred geometry and energy phenomena. So why so many mainstream and some alternative researchers are against this project?
Regardless of what you think about the 'Bosnian pyramid', Osmanagic certainly puts on an entertaining presentation.
(thanks to Michael for the heads-up)
By chipping in just $12 a year, you can help us keep our head above water. It's that easy.
- World's smartest physicist thinks science can't crack consciousness.
- Time can rotate.
- Are Large Hadron Collider researchers about to reveal the existence of a parallel universe?
- Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii long for end to their year in isolation.
- What will aliens look like?
- Could Proxima Centauri be our interstellar getaway?
- This Chinese 'quantum satellite' will help teleport a fictional idea into reality.
- What if we're wrong? New book poses provocative question about human knowledge.
- A guide to ancient magic.
- New theory says that Stonehenge was a 'memory palace'.
- 500-year-old hidden images revealed in Mexican codex.
- Why pay thousands of dollars for a copy of the Voynich Manuscript, when you can just download it?
- Easter Island was not destroyed by war, new analysis shows.
- The Arctic will be free of ice as early as next year.
- Video of the Day: Galileo's dream.
Quote of the Day:
Somehow, the universe has engineered not only its own self-awareness, but its own self-comprehension. It is hard to see this astonishing property of (at least some) living organisms as an accidental and incidental by-product of physics, a lucky fluke of biological evolution.
It’s one of the world’s most mysterious books, a centuries-old manuscript written in an unknown or coded language that no one has cracked. Scholars have spent their lives puzzling over the Voynich manuscript, whose intriguing mix of elegant writing and drawings of strange plants and naked women has some believing it holds magical powers.
The weathered book is locked away in a vault at Yale university’s Beinecke library, emerging only occasionally. But after a 10-year appeal for access, Siloe, a small publishing house in northern Spain has secured the right to clone the document... Siloe, which specialises in making facsimiles of old manuscripts, has bought the rights to make 898 exact replicas of the Voynich – so faithful that every stain, hole, sewn-up tear in the parchment will be reproduced.
What should be noted, for those who started salivating at the idea of owning their own copy of the Voynich Manuscript only to baulk at the thousands of pounds that each copy will cost, is that the folio is already freely available in digital form online, at Yale University's Beinecke library website.
Amazingly, Voynich voyeur Rene Zandbergen notes that more than 90% of the online access to the Beinecke library is only for the Voynich manuscript.
Why? Because, as long-time Grail readers will know, everyone's got their own theory about the decoding of the manuscript, or who wrote it. From this 1978 book released by the National Security Agency (NSA) about the 'elegant enigma' of the Voynich manuscript, through to this recent arXiv.org paper arguing that it was written by Edward Kelley, offsider to the famed Elizabethan mage John Dee, this is a mystery that has occupied the attention of many over the past few decades.
Here's a full-length documentary on the topic for those interested:
What are you waiting for? Go download yourself a copy, and get to work...
- Publisher wins rights to print 898 exact replicas of the Voynich manuscript, a book no one can read.
- Geologist makes controversial claim that mysterious tracks in Turkey were created by an unknown civilization millions of years ago.
- 4500-year-old grave of Siberian noblewoman discovered - with links to Native Americans.
- Stash of obsidian blades, hidden for a thousand years, discovered in Oregon. I'm not saying this means the White Walkers are coming, but I'm not not saying that either...
- Struck by bad luck: Meet the woman whose life was ruined by a cursed meteorite.
- 109P/Swift-Tuttle: the most dangerous object known to humanity.
- Space elevator fans keep looking up, even when they're stuck on the ground floor.
- This submersible is designed to explore an alien sea.
- Questions remain for 'aliens' around Tabby's Star.
- Will the 'Great Attractor' eat our galaxy?
- Soon we'll be able to hack people's brains to give them enhanced morals. But should we?
- The secret LSD-fuelled CIA experiment that inspired Stranger Things.
- What Lies Beyond: Magonia review of books looks at The Myth of an Afterlife: The Case Against Life After Death.
- The mystery of the hiccuping girls of Old Salem.
- The secret libraries of history.
- Dung-erdome: Farmer and 16 cows die from 'deadly dome' of manure.
Quote of the Day:
Kindness is in our power even when fondness is not.
A summary of all the stories and news briefs posted on The Daily Grail over the past week. Feel free to share anything interesting!
- Million Dollar Prize Will Be Used to Search for Lost Ancient Sites Using Satellite Images and Data
- News Briefs 15-08-2016 (Monday)
- What Created This 'Melted Limestone' Beside the Pyramids of Giza?
- News Briefs 16-08-2016 (Tuesday)
- Amy Adams Figures Out How to Communicate with Aliens in the Trailer for 'Arrival'
- News Briefs 17-08-2016 (Wednesday)
- CERN Issues Statement Regarding 'Human Sacrifice' Carried Out 'On Our Premises'
- News Briefs 18-08-2016 (Thursday)
- Questions Remain For "Aliens" 'Round Tabby's Star
- News Briefs 19-08-2016 (Friday)
Have a good weekend!
”The wise man looks into space and does not regard the small as too little, nor the great as too big…”
- Watching a nova unfold.
- Evolving fins to hands.
- Ancient codex reveals Mayan discoveries.
- Unraveling the mystery of the Cahokia.
- More on chemtrails.
- Insecticide in chemtrails linked to decline of bee population.
- 5,300 year old Iceman reveals local hipster style.
- Bacteria shuffles genetic code.
- Programming human cells to store complex DNA history.
- Astronomical alignment of sacred sites confirmed.
- This week’s evidence of the looming robot uprising… Squid-bots 1.0.
Quote of the Day:
“…For he knows that, there is no limit to dimensions.”
Recently Jason T. Wright, the man who sparked a hurricane of clickbait headlines by suggesting KIC 8462852 would be an 'outstanding SETI target', gave a highly informative talk on artifact SETI, megastructures, and Tabby's Star.
Artifact SETI involves the search for artificial phenomena, like Dyson spheres and Niven rings, to narrow down targets for communication SETI to eavesdrop on extraterrestrials. The biggest clue for finding these artifacts is the waste heat given off during their creation and use. In addition to laying out the history of SETI in this vein, Jason tackles the problems with the megastructure hypothesis and why he's all but abandoned circumstellar explanations for something stranger.
You may also enjoy:
- Tabby's Star: Is It Beginning To Look A Lot Like Aliens?
- The Culture Next Door: Tabby's Star Remains Strange... And Unique
- Astronomers Discover Something 'You Would Expect an Alien Civilization to Build', and SETI Wants a Look
- New Developments Around KIC 8462852
- Kickstarter: Help Investigate the 'Most Mysterious Star in the Galaxy'
- Astronomy, Megastructures, SETI, and Synchronicity
- This ancient text reveals a Maya astronomer calculated the movements of Venus.
- Astronomical alignments confirmed in standing stones.
- What created this 'melted' limestone beside the pyramids of Giza?
- The world's first pyramid has been discovered...and it's in Kazakhstan. (Clickbait headline? The age they give is at least 1500 years *after* the Egyptian pyramids.)
- To clarify: No, that ancient mausoleum is not the world's first pyramid.
- Painted 37,000-year-old shell is east Asia's oldest jewellery.
- More sketchy evidence for fabled Nazi gold train reignites the hunt.
- Have we always got high for God?
- Mystery of déjà vu explained - it's how we check our memories.
- The strange brain of the world's greatest solo climber.
- Is it possible to measure supernatural or paranormal phenomena?
- We don't understand artificial intelligence because we don't understand intelligence.
- Hackers auction files 'stolen from NSA'.
- July 2016 was the hottest month ever recorded on Earth. Nothing to be concerned about I'm sure...
- Here comes the sea: new study finds that the rate of oceans' rise is about to go exponential.
- The looming extinction of humankind, explained.
- H.G. Wells’s prescient visions of the future remain unsurpassed
- The divine fire of Philip K. Dick's religious visions.
- CERN issues statement regarding 'human sacrifice' carried out 'on our premises'.
Quote of the Day:
If you have built castles in the sky, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau
Well this one will no doubt be bouncing around the nuttier conspiracy forums for a while: After video came to light last week (embedded above, NSFW language) of a purported 'human sacrifice' at CERN - the advanced particle physics research centre located in Geneva - CERN has today issued a statement condemning "this type of spoof". The 'sacrifice' scenes took place in front of a statue of Shiva given to CERN by the Indian government in 2004.
A Cern spokeswoman told Agence France-Presse in an email:
These scenes were filmed on our premises but without official permission or knowledge. Cern does not condone this type of spoof, which can give rise to misunderstandings about the scientific nature of our work.
Cern welcomes every year thousands of scientific users from all over the world and sometimes some of them let their humour go too far. This is what happened on this occasion.
After this and the recent occult-themed opening ceremony of the Gotthard Base Tunnel, I think we can safely say that Swiss scientists and engineers are in league with Satan. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.