- How a fictional soap opera virus felled hundreds of students in Portugal.
- Brainwaves detected up to 10 minutes after clinical death.
- Artificial 'embryos' created in the lab for the first time.
- Ancient Mars was perhaps more habitable than ever imagined.
- Earth's magnetic field is going to flip - here's how we know.
- Five truly bizarre lifeforms spotted deep in the Pacific.
- Also deep in the Pacific: this mysterious, massive circular object appears to be moving.
- A Tolkien truther from Colorado says he is the real king of England.
- Mysterious ancient staircase to nowhere discovered in Cambodia.
- Panpsychism is crazy, but it's also most probably true.
- The lawyer fighting for those who take the hallucinogen ayahuasca for religious reasons.
- Veterinarians remove more than 900 coins from the stomach of a sea turtle.
- The animal soldiers of World War II.
- Congress warned that U.S. troops could soon battle 'Terminator'-style robots.
- Image(s) of the Day: This year's best science photos are so good they're basically art.
Quote of the Day:
We're all like detectives in life. There's something at the end of the trail that we're all looking for.