We got your favourite occult and scientific flavours right here…
- Medieval 'vampire' skeleton unearthed, buried with an iron stake through its chest
- Ancient Roman coins depict sundry sexual acts (NSFW in a monetarily ancient nude way).
- Newly discovered Van Gogh painting kept in Norwegian attic for years.
- Our universe might contain "TARDIS-like" regions of space-time, bigger on the inside than they look from the outside.
- The BBC talks to NDE researcher Penny Sartori, skeptic Chris French and experiencer Gordon McPhate about the near-death experience.
- Though there are many questions about why and how we sleep, scientists have very few answers.
- Roger Angel is one of the world's most brilliant and audacious engineers. Could he design the next energy revolution?
- Go home evolution, you're…creepily super intelligent?
- The science behind Bigfoot and other monsters.
- Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman discusses a new Bigfoot report from Nebraska.
- The ghosthunters are alright.
- How the occult brought cremation to America.
- Teenage exorcists who say Harry Potter has corrupted the world head to Britain armed with bibles and holy water.
- Sri Lankan man dies in failed exorcism ritual.
- Exorcism video: Watch the brutal process a 'cursed' young mum undergoes to 'rid her body of evil demons'.
- It was the biggest Burning Man ever, and this is what George Dvorsky saw there.
- Five amazing things people buried in the desert.
- Inferno on Mount Diablo.
- Image(s) of the Day: Horizons.
Quote of the Day:
Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups. . . . So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind… the bombardment of pseudo-realities begins to produce inauthentic humans very quickly, spurious humans — as fake as the data pressing at them from all sides.