- Medieval African coins could rewrite the history of Australia.
- Huge graveyard of dinosaur bones found in outback Queensland.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Ptesoraurs. Excellent read.
- China's tomb raiding is big business for the global antiquities trade.
- Project to reclaim Stonehenge's natural landscape gets underway.
- Bronze Age standing stone vandalised with graffiti in Wales.
- The full moon shines on Ireland's Poulnabrone Dolmen.
- More of Stephen Emerson's photography at Captive Landscapes & here.
- Century-old Swiss watch found in tomb that's been sealed for 400 years.
- Michael Crichton's Timeline had an oopart (Amazon US/Kindle, UK/Kindle).
- Unidentified Flying Triangles: close encounters of the pointy kind.
- Are we alone in the universe? The real meaning of the exoplanet revolution.
- George Lucas, John Lithgow on how the Humanities make us human.
- Talking to the dead: the Windbridge Institute's mediumship research.
- Dr Beischel has blogged a few times here at the Grail.
- Ghosts, mediums, & the paranormal: an interview with Anne Rice.
- Pangur Bán for cats, Parceval for dogs: pet names in the Middle Ages.
Quote of the Day:
I and Pangur Bán, my cat
'Tis a like task we are at;
Hunting mice is his delight
Hunting words I sit all night.