I can only hope this news is fresh. Bottle-feeding seven kittens doesn't leave much time for daily web surfing.
- Egyptian statue spins all by itself at Manchester Museum.
- Mysterious Voynich manuscript has 'genuine message'.
- Archaeologists find 'Chactun' - a long lost Mayan city in eastern Mexico.
- DNA twists to control function.
- Bacteria occasionally transfer DNA into human genomes, especially in some types of cancer. But what does it mean?
- Alchemists gone bad: What you should know about biological warfare.
- New species of fungus discovered that causes life-threatening infections in humans and cats.
- Silver makes antibiotics thousands of times more effective.
- Plants 'do maths' to control overnight food supplies.
- Watching a 3-D movie changes one man's sight for the better.
- What scientists now know about repairing memories.
- Remembering Dan Brown's visit.
- What do memories look like?
- Growing a house from mushrooms. I predict Eben Bayer will win a Nobel Prize.
- Oregon in GM wheat mystery: Monsanto cries foul over appearance of genetically modified wheat plants but scientist who found it doubts sabotage claim, and believes the GM wheat could have entered America's food supply undetected years ago, and could still be in circulation.
- Homes are being built on contaminated land in Chinese cities – and the residents of these developments have no idea.
- The other hacking scandal: Suppressed report reveals that law firms, telecoms giants and insurance companies routinely hire criminals to steal rivals' information.
- Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation deputy director threatens citizens with being put on terrorist watchlist for making 'water quality' complaints.
- UK spy agency secretly taps over 200 fiber-optic cables, shares data with the NSA.
- This really is Big Brother: the leak nobody's noticed.
- Five fun facts from the latest NSA leak.
- Search engine privacy: DuckDuckGo does not track its users.
- Why caffeine can cramp creativity.
- The men trying to save us from the machines.
- Dogs' need for human companion is similar to children needing parents. Duh.
- 'Ghost in toilet' unravels factory workers in Bangladesh.
- A zap to the brain makes you think people are more attractive.
- Apparently This Matters: Hairy leg stockings. Swallow beverage before reading.
Quote of the Day:
When asked about his recent online fame:
What I don't like about it is that the fame is getting to my head. I have cut my friends and family off, they keep asking me for money. I see myself as a god amongst men!
Bunnie rescuer Joshua Bisnar -- joking.