“The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them.”
- Less certain of Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle.
- Impact on Jupiter.
- 30,000 evacuated from Guatemalan eruption.
- Does Mars’ dry ice rain glitter like c-beams in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate?
- LHC seeks to outgrow moniker.
- ‘Shall we play a game’, Professor Falken… within three years?
- Curiosity's descent to Mars in ultra HD.
- Flowing plasma and the electric universe.
- Atlantis, reborn?
- Double star system, confirmed.
- Counting down to the end of the end time hype.
- Buzz Aldrin's lunar communion.
- Unearthing the science of optically-stimulated luminescence.
- Five genes that determine facial structure, identified.
- Relax, you’ve been encoded.
- Do fringe scientists unlock hidden truths?
- Atomic Force Microscopy reveals atomic bonds.
- 1948 E. African flora survey completed… 60 years later.
- Reduced tensions threaten DMZ ecosystem.
- My god, it’s full of… ping pong balls.
- UFO revealed as UFS.
- Need a monthly exorcism ‘zine fix? Look no further.
- Human stem cells restore hearing in gerbils.
- The flooded tombs of the Lambayeque.
- The permanence of structural color.
- Do you feel that phantom ringing, too?
- The decline of wildflowers.
- Boiling, sans bubbles.
- The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plains, scientifically speaking.
- The hottest place on the planet, confirmed.
- Tips on how to argue without being a troll.
- This week’s proof of the looming robot uprising… ‘Bot imbued with semantic understanding.
Monolithic thanks to Perceval for filling in during my absence and to RPJ for the links!
Quote of the Day:
“God runs electromagnetics by wave theory on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and the Devil runs them by quantum theory on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.”
Sir William H. Bragg