I swear I saw the news levitate.
- After 35 years, Voyager 1 has reached the edge of the solar system.
- Houston, we have a problem: think tank aims to make interstellar travel possible within the next 100 years. Official 100 Year Starship Project website.
- The hunt for the Wang is on. Wang particle, that is. Everybody Wang Chun tonight.
- As reported last week, Swedish team hunts for ghost rockets.
- Swarm of LED-illuminated quadrocopters take to the night sky in Germany.
- Machines from elsewhere: a brief history of robots and UFOs.
- Strange skies in China: flying saucer-shaped clouds and sundogs.
- Lead singer of Muse wants a UFO to land during a gig.
- A UFO landed at a U2 concert in 1997. Again in 2010.
- Nature's soundscape is being silenced (Amazon US, UK).
- Tigers do change their stripes, taking night shifts to avoid humans.
- Canadian & US zoos are finding some animals go ape over apps.
- Hundreds of bones from Ice Age megafauna discovered in Mexico.
- One-ton jaguar sculpture almost 2000 years old unearthed.
- 3rd century Roman shipwreck found off the coast of France.
- Egypt's Google Earth 'pyramids' are a lot less exciting up close.
- Stone inscription lists offerings made to ancient Egyptian gods.
- DNA can be reprogrammed by words and frequencies. And U2 concerts.
Thanks Kat & RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.