Posted by Greg at 13:27, 18 Jun 2012
- The Transcension Hypothesis: Do sufficiently advanced alien civilisations leave our Universe? Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Fermi! ('That' being DMT?)
- Seminal near-death experience researcher Raymond Moody discusses how our language and system of logic limits our understanding of NDE accounts.
- Campaigners seek pardon for Britain's "last witch", Helen Duncan.
- 'Millennium Falcon' on the bottom of the Baltic Sea turns out to be…a mushroom? Maybe someone's been eating mushrooms…
- Skeptic Chris French reviews the new psychic-ological thriller, Red Lights. Check out the trailer.
- Comics writer and occultist Grant Morrison given an MBE by the Queen of England.
- Are neutrons traveling between parallel worlds?
- Black bears show counting skills on computers.
- Are you qualified to study out-of-body experiences? You might want to check out this job listing.
- Secret space plane shatters orbital record as a Chinese rival looms.
- While Russia looks further afield: back to the Moon.
- Fifty years ago, what did they think "space people" would look like?
- Columbine...a conspiracy?
- DNA bolsters Bulgaria's John the Baptist claim.
- Linda Moulton Howe visits Gobekli Tepe.
- 22-foot-tall 'Ancestor' statue to be placed at Stonehenge for the upcoming summer solstice celebration.
- Forget the movie Ice Age. Were the Chauvet cave paintings in France the prehistoric era's version of animated cartoons?
- Oldest confirmed cave art is a single red dot. Visualising some ancient person looking across at his mate, going "really?".
- Indonesian atheist sentenced to 2 and a half years prison for saying "There is no god" on Facebook.
- Image of the Day: Saturn, raw.
Quote of the Day:
From now on, I'm opting for ontological terrorism.