Posted by Rick MG at 12:04, 16 May 2012
Let the beard begin!
- Scientists think sulfur may answer Gaia theory, Is Earth alive?
- Nepal's enigmatic Kusunda language is on the brink of extinction.
- Crows recognise familiar human voices.
- Chimpanzee plans attacks & innovative ways to fool zoo visitors.
- Research shows sleepwalking is more common than thought.
- Learning experience: let's take consciousness in from the cold.
- Your body's internal clock is at war with modern life (Amazon US, UK).
- Ancient Egyptian dream diaries sought the meaning of dreams.
- Egypt's political turmoil creating opportunities for archaeological theft.
- The universal fascination with ancient Egyptian mummies.
- Skulls found in Florida backyard are from Peru, up to 800 years old.
- The tomb of the last Inca Emperor Atahualpa could be in Ecuador.
- Excavating the surprisingly detailed bodies of Easter Island's heads.
- Stories of UFO crash retrievals from Chile.
- 2000mph UFO in 1952 remains a US Navy classified secret.
- Belize's Chaa Creek prepares for Maya summer solstice.
- Mmm, chocolate 2012 doomsday: 18000lb chocolate Mayan pyramid.
- Rotterdam's amazing Bubble Building.
- Vienna's first cat cafe opens, courtesy of Japan.
- Sugar can make you dumb, so cat hair in your tea must be good.
Quote of the Day:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
~ Terry Pratchett