“How undisturbed, the sleep of the foolish…”
- Life on Mars detected in the 1970’s (without Bowie’s help).
- That said, is Mars’ methane a myth?
- Earth… 7 Billion served.
- The Moon, the Sun… and the ISS. More here.
- More eye candy from the Big Picture's gallery of solar eclipse photos.
- Mass animal die-offs are not apocalyptic. A google map of recent events.
- Could re-awakening earthquake zones be a cause of the die-offs?
- Bee populations plummet across the U.S.
- Making holograms from electrons.
- Journal’s publication of ESP paper sparks pre-publication outrage-- Any psychic could’ve predicted that.
- New neutrino observatory gets icy start.
- The diet of Ammonites, revealed.
- Mystery behind temperatures in Sun’s corona solved with plasma jets.
- Underwater invisibility.
- Life on Earth, from above.
- NASA images vs. amateur photos… You be the judge.
- 2011: The year we discover our twin?
- Lice DNA suggests we wor clothing 170,000 years ago.
- Ridley Scott prepares new sci-fi for the small screen: "Prophets of Science Fiction".
- The 'Pacific Garbage Patch' is an abomination, but it’s not as big as they thought.
- Tenth Dr. Who to marry daughter of fifth Dr Who. That must break Gallifreyan incest laws… Exterminate!
- Thirty-five years of microscope photography.
- The ten most popular places of 2010, courtesy of of Atlas Obscura.
- 13 surprising ways sci-fi has colided with D.C. politics.
- Is Mona Lisa hiding literary references?
- Women’s tears linked to loss of libido.
- Gamma ray flares in the crab nebula thrills scientists.
- This week’s evidence of the upcoming robot revolution.
A new year's worth of thanks to Greg and RPJ!
Quote of the Day:
"If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others."
Philip K. Dick