Remember folks, neither Jameske or I believe or support every article that we link. We never have. The articles that we link are not our personal editorials and we don't write them; we just find the subject interesting and hope that the article will inspire an intelligent discussion among you. Sometimes it works.
That being said, enjoy the Friday news ........
- The only human species left on earth is the result of an historical accident rather than Darwinian competition.
- An ancient site dates grain use to 20,000 BC.
- Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a 4,000-year-old Barbie of the Bronze Age, the world's oldest toy.
- A mountain hiker stumbles on to a tomb that's nearly 5,000-years-old.
- Builders laying the foundations for a mosque in north-east Cairo found a tomb dating from the Pharaonic period intact but submerged in ground water up to the ceiling of the tomb. This find was blessed by the Head of the Supreme Council for Antiquities.
- A discovery in Sardinia causes the history of wine to be rewritten.
- Modern quarrying is a threat to Stonehenge.
- Mars appears to have been volcanically active more recently than previously supposed.
- Whoever, or whatever, is responsible for the August crop formation at Silbury Hill, borrowed the design in its border from the Aztec God Xochipilli.
- Either gargoyles or flying dog-faced kangaroos terrorize a family in Chile. Your call, but remember people laughed at Chupacabra until somebody killed one.
- Turkish cameras have recorded some so-called UFO images in the sky for the third time in the last 15 days. This story would be better with some so-called UFO images because they may be a hoax.
- Canadians are near a record number of UFO sightings.
- Those that pour over photographs of Mars and see worms, trees, UFOs, pyramids, subway stations, giant fungi, fossils, buried cities, and faces are not necessarily fraudulent evil bastard liars, just merely deluded.
- Sexual contact with aliens occurs frequently. Yeah, but those alien chicks get better looking when the bar starts to close.
- ET's coded messages may be inside our bodies.
- Rebecca Rosen doesn’t see dead people, but she does see their energy.
- Rumor has it that Bill Gates lusts for the Mario Brothers.
- The UK has a water pistol plan to save the great bustard.
- Can human intelligence be amplified with a brain-booster machine?
- A U.S. company claims that is is cloning cats. Yeah, we need more cats. Why don't they clone aardvarks?
- Federal safety officials urge the use of black boxes in automobiles.
- GM cotton cuts herbicide use in Australia. That's a good thing. See Cernig's story yesterday on the dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico.
- A search in the deep sea finds species surprises and plastic bags. And you thought big corporations were the polluters.
- WANTED - A court jester to fill a post vacant for 350-years since England executed its king.
- Nigerian police have arrested 30-witch-doctors in a raid on fetish shrines where over 50-decomposing bodies and 20-human skulls were discovered. What year is this?
- Singapore scientists are looking at how the body can generate electricity to run mobile devices. Oh great, we're batteries. :o( You know how this movie ends. While we're on the subject, skin is used to transmit key data.
- Brain scientists unravel the mysteries of the night to determine what dreams are made of.
- The US army has commissioned a new supercomputer to simulate complex weapons systems. A robot guard will smoke out villains. SkyNet reads TDG, you know.
- A researcher hopes to zap a laser beam at a couple of chickens freezing them in mid-cluck, their leg and wing muscles paralyzed by an electrical charge created by the beam, even as their heart and lungs function normally. This interests the Pentagon.
- Can anti-Semitism ever end?
- Will the Temple Mount in Jerusalem lead to World War III? Would Islamic extremists target the Dome of the Rock or the al-Aksa mosques and lay the blame on Israel? Terrorists don't play dirty, do they? Is this article anti-religious?
- Scientists have worked out the formula for the perfect scary movie. And the winner is ..................
- The world may appear a more colorful place to women.
- Two Texas rivals, the Longhorns and the Aggies, join forces to build a telescope, Texas size.
- A human-like baby is found inside a sheep.
- The key to life on Mars is in the meanest deserts on Earth.
- The Mars rover Spirit has found no signs of a past lake in a crater. But, Spirit did reveal a magnetic Mars.
- Hey, it's a space race. A second team goes for space prize.
- Dramatic differences found in matter and antimatter. We suspected that there might be differences.
- A plan to celebrate the 'Year of Physics' by shining lights into the night sky has upset some astronomers.
- Our solar system may be an exception, not the rule. Feel lonely?
Quote of the Day:
Do not be angry with me if I tell you the truth.