Several interesting history related stories this weekend, as always feel free to post your thoughts...
- A rock carving on Ilkley Moor in West Yorkshire is reportedly of a four-armed boomerang which dates back as far as 4000BC.
- Ancient Iranian site may date back 6000 years.
- Cuneiform goes digital, illuminating life in ancient Iraq.
- Jade bear-dragons corroborate 5,000 year-old Yellow Emperor legend in China.
- Unmasking China's Sanxingdui Ruins.
- Oman had ancient trade links with India and Africa during the 3rd millenium BC.
- Maya culture 'ahead of its time'.
- Newest room of discoveries from the Pyramid of the Moon at Teotihuacan to be unveiled on Wednesday.
- The Miracle of Great Cheops Pyramid is a new title written by Dr. Zahi Hawass.
- Archaeologists discover alma mater of Archimedes, the fabled University of Alexandria.
- Carthage, a lost empire.
- The final resting place of the Holy Grail is shrouded in mystery - or is it?
- Group says dinosaurs are in the Bible.
- Does modern science make religion unnecessary?
- New fast, hot breed of planets found.
- Scientists confront 'weird life' on other worlds.
- Formaldehyde, ammonia and benzene molecules on Mars?
Would probably mean life.
- Thirteen space advocacy groups band together to promote President Bush's moon and Mars mission,
- Saturn's mysterious moon Titan, lifting veil on Xanadu.
- Swirling dust near black hole too thick for theory.
- NASA funds sci-fi technology.
- Mars and the teachable moment for pseudoscientific claims.
- The latest UFO reports from NUFORC, Filer's Files and UFO Roundup. George Filer of Filer's Files and Peter Davenport of NUFORC can each be found talking about UFO reports every month in the Jeff Rense Program archives.
- National science panel warns of US scientist shortage.
- Lack of scientists threatens Natural History Museum.
- Health freedom rights: a call to act now before your right to choose is gone.
- World's forests potential medical treasure trove.
- Drug for depression helps irritable bowel syndrome.
- Parasitic invasion credited with evolution of sex.
- It is possible, even common nature, to see without observing.
- The secrets of sleep: it's a mystery, but it clearly makes us smarter and healthier.
- Global dimming? Scientists say less sunlight reaching Earth.
- Despite implausible plot, scientists warm up to climate flick.
- Science brings squid mystery to the surface.
- Scientists discover what could be the instruction manual of life genetics.
- Scientists say they're close to creating the blue rose.
- Alcoholic rats treated with gene therapy.
Quote of the Day:
There is truth in the high opinion that in so far as a man conforms, he ceases to exist.